1. Overdo It. More is not better when beginning an exercise program, especially if you've been sedentary for a while. Start slowly and let your body adapt, which will help you stay injury free. You're in this for the long haul, slow and steady wins the race!
2. Keep Putting Off Your Workout. I'll do it later, I'll do it later, I'll do it later.....nope, that doesn't work. Before you know it your day is gone. Set a specific time each day and stick with it, do it, get it done!
3. Give Up If You Miss A Day or Two. We all know life happens and it's possible to miss a few days here and there. But, that doesn't mean you stop. Pick up where you left off and get yourself back on track. It's okay!!
4. Make Excuses. We all can come up with many, many excuses. I'm tired, I'm too busy, I don't like exercise, it's boring, I don't like to sweat... and guess what, that's probably all true, BUT..... dump the excuses in the trash and take control of your health. Maintaining an exercise routine is much more important than your excuses. Give yourself a healthy positive boost of empowerment!
5. Telling Yourself You Can't Do It. As the saying goes.... if you think you can, you can, if you think you can't, you're right! Your body does what your mind thinks. So no negative energy please. Instead, think how a few simple movements can loosen joint stiffness and make you feel much better. Put one foot in front of the other and move. Take it one day at a time. Just for today walk for 20 minutes....
Useful practical information and a workout or two...