I know it's hard to make time and find energy for exercise, especially if you work a full time job outside the home and have a family. But.....that's when it's most important to make time for yourself and take care of yourself. You deserve you time.
You may think it sounds selfish (take time for me? but I have so much to do!), but you're not being selfish. You become a stronger you with more energy by taking care of yourself!
Here's five simple exercises you can do to help yourself get strong and energized. Do them in your bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, kitchen, back yard, or baby room.... anywhere!
It's worth it....you can do this.
Do each exercise for 30 seconds than rest 15 seconds and move on to the next exercise.
1. Squats (butt back as you squat down, thighs parallel to floor, keep chest forward, push thru heels to stand up and squeeze butt cheeks together tight at the top, yes it matters!)
2. Push Ups (on your knees or with hands on a counter, anyway you want, it's all good!)
3. Reverse Fly Squeeze (stand tall, arms out in front of body shoulder height, palms up, shoulders away from the ears, keep arms straight with thumbs pointing back, bring arms back and actively squeeze your shoulder blades together)
4. Plank Knee Touch (Plank position on forearms, body is straight than touch knees carefully to floor and back up to straight plank position)
5. Supermom (4 point position: knees and hands on floor, back flat, extend right arm reaching forward as you extend left leg back pushing thru heel, hips stay pointed towards floor, reach and stretch, alternate right side and left side)
There you have it, five simple exercises! Circuit through one to three times. Shoot for three or four times per week to help build not only important body awareness but also base strength (along with burning unhealthy calories and building healthy lean muscle). You can get it done!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Useful practical information and a workout or two...