by M.E. Coffey
To improve your overall health and wellness try this simple but effective workout. Do each exercise for 30 to 45 seconds. Rest 15 to 30 seconds between each exercise.
1) Squats - butt back as you sit down, thighs parallel to floor, keep chest forward, push thru heels to stand up and squeeze butt cheeks together tight at the top, yes it matters!
2) Push Ups - on your knees or with hands on a counter, anyway you want, it's all good! Place hands under shoulders or a little wider, bend elbows and bring chest towards floor or counter, exhale as you push back to starting position.
3) Reverse Fly Squeeze - stand tall, arms out in front of body shoulder height, palms up, shoulders away from the ears, keep arms straight with thumbs pointing back, bring arms back and actively squeeze your shoulder blades together.
4) Plank Knee Touch - Plank position on forearms, body is straight than touch knees carefully to floor and back up to straight plank position.
5) 4 point reach and extend - knees and hands on floor, back flat parallel to floor, extend right arm reaching forward as you extend left leg back pushing thru heel, hips stay pointed towards floor, reach and extend, alternate right side and left side.
Circuit through one to three times. Aim for three or four times per week to help build functional base strength and body awareness, while burning unhealthy calories and building healthy lean muscle.
Useful practical information and a workout or two...